Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Fall splendor

Exploding seed pods... from protected packing... The exotic Datura... love to see them grow and bloom...
They love deep root systems...a sunny locale and are tolerant of hot sun and overcast days...








Mother nature rules...

My spring/summer project was knitting a sleeveless top in brilliant green... I struggled with the new steps, screwed up the pattern from front to back ...several times... yet I learned a whack of techniques ... I'll be wearing this one in the privacy of my back yard. I do love the colour.






We own 3 cats... Small, Medium and Large. We also semi-own an 'outside only' visitor cat..we've fondly called "Whitey" for obvious reasons....


He is fed daily, wormed, defleaed...comes for a brief cuddle...while chatting the whole time..and has a lovely gentle disposition. Unfortunately he also still has his "male parts"...someday I may spring for the fix, as well. We love him. The 3 cats basically think he's part of the family too...



Well the bowl is empty...see ya later...


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Leslie said...

wow...great sweater from the pictures...quite an ambitious project I would say.

Leslie said...

Ahhhh but where does Whitey go for the night???

Leslie said...

just peaking at this sweater again....is this picture taken before or after blocking???

gazingoutback said...

Blocking??? what's that...I knitted..and there it is... he he